The thyroid is a small, butterfly-shaped gland located at the front of your neck. It produces tetraiodothyronine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3), which are two primary hormones that control how your cells use energy. Your thyroid gland regulates your metabolism through the release of these hormones.
Hypothyroidism, also called underactive thyroid disease, is a common disorder. With hypothyroidism, your thyroid gland does not make enough thyroid hormone.
Major Symptoms of Hypothyroidism are:
- Weight gain or increased difficulty losing weight
- Coarse, dry hair
- Dry, rough pale skin
- Hair loss
- Cold intolerance (you can’t tolerate cold temperatures like those around you)
- Muscle cramps and frequent muscle aches.
Natural Remedies to cure Hypothyroidism:
- Coriander – Soak about two tablespoon of coriander seeds overnight in a glass of water. Boil this water mix in the morning and have it empty stomach. This will help you in normal functioning of thyroid glands.
Dietary Tips : Foods you can take
- Antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables like Blueberries, tomatoes, bell peppers, and other foods rich in antioxidants.
- Eating selenium-rich foods, such as sunflower seeds or Brazil nuts, can be beneficial.
Dietary Tips : Foods you have to avoid
- Vegetables – Broccoli, Cabbage, Brussels Sprouts, Cauliflower, Kale, Spinach, Turnips, Millet, and Mustard Greens.
- Nuts and Beans – Soybeans, Peanuts, Linseed, and Pine Nuts.
- Fruits – Strawberries and Peaches.
- Iodine-rich foods
- Iron and calcium supplements
- Too much High-fiber foods